The Florida Chapter of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists presents its 2019 Sunscreen Symposium “Integrating Beauty through Suncare, AntiAging, and Skin Cancer Protection. Historically this event draws hundreds of the Cosmetic Industry professionals highlights the latest scientific developments on a global scale, updates on current regulations, and offers industry professionals an opportunity to learn more about the latest developments in suncare through technical presentations, exhibits, posters, and more! The event will be held at Disney’s Yacht Club in Lake Buena Vista Florida on September 12th – 14th 2019. For questions about the Symposium please contact Marisa FlsccChair@gmail.com.
Symposium Admission Rates and Hotel Information
$645 – Single Symposium Admission
$545 – Admission of 5 or more persons per company
The Contracted Room Rates are sold out! Properties within walking distance to Disney’s Yacht Club include Dolphin and Swan Resorts.
Discounted Theme Park Tickets are available after 3pm and 5pm for Symposium Attendees. Book your hotel, transportation, tickets and more using the hotel reservation link or call Disney’s Group Reservation line at 407-939-4686 and mention 2019 Sunscreen Symposium.
*Note: The Symposium events will be held at the Yacht Club
CEP Course Outline
Modern Sunscreen Formulation – Is it possible to please everyone?
Instructed by: Mark Chandler and Julian Hewitt
- Tentative? Final?
- Formulating for reef (and local government) safety
- Formulating with a growing number of actives tied behind our backs
- Doing more with less
- Can we finally start to work together? (inorganics and organics, at least)
- Making sunscreen actives stay put – Volume I
- Making sunscreen actives stay put – Volume II
- Remembering that this is about human health and well-being
- Taking it all in and seeing the big picture